Our planet is full of different mysterious places. Now we will remove only a small portion of these unusual and strange places of the Earth.
ABHAYAGIRI (Sanskrit) – mountain of Fearlessness in Ceylon, on which is an ancient Vihara (monastery), where in the middle ages lived many of the Buddhist monks of the heretical school Abhayagiri Basinah (School Hidden in the forest). And mountain school, which was situated there, is the most mystical and mysterious in Ceylon.
The fate has a strange way of missing people (and in the year 400 BC there were about 5 thousand) we only know that they left the island and settled on the other side of the Himalayas, possibly in the area of Shambhala. However, still traces of their settlements or the descendants of these people are not found.
PRODIGAL PLACE – an old name for abnormal where there is the most incredible incident in the first place — complete loss of spatial orientation. The size of these anomalies varies from 100–200 m up to 1–5 km are rarely outdoors of townspeople wandering, for example, in a forest — this is natural: there are no reference points, Continue reading
Trinity-Elias monastery – one of the great monastic complexes of Ukraine (sorry for banal beginning). It could be called the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra (LCP) in miniature (or Chernihiv-Pechersk Lavra), because it is largely similar to the largest monastery in Ukraine. First of all, here a cave in which he prayed Saint Anthony of Pechersk. The monk from Liubech is considered the founder of the Troitsko-illinsky monastery (Kiev-Pechersk). The monastery has a top and bottom (again, as in Kiev), located on the hills. To the development of the monastery has made great efforts ancient Russian princes and Cossack. A lot of money allocated for the monastery Hetman Ivan Mazepa. And the belfry is no less beautiful than the Great Lavra (although, of course will be lower). All very similar, although of smaller dimensions. The only thing that is not inferior to the LCP in size – this is the main Cathedral of the monastery – the masterpiece of architect Johann Baptist Sauer. Continue reading
The winter Palace was built for Empress Elisabeth on the project of Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli in 1754-1762 years and until 1917 it remained the main Imperial residence. This fourth stone the Winter Palace.
In the first third of the eighteenth century Peter the great on the Palace embankment, in the place where today is the Hermitage theatre was built the Winter Palace. He did not survive, but in the end of XX century during the reconstruction of the Hermitage theatre was reconstructed some interiors of the Winter Palace of Peter I is a Museum.
During the reign of the Empress Anna Ioannovna there was a need of construction of a new Imperial winter residence. The site was chosen on the Palace embankment, so that the main facade of the Palace faces the Admiralty. The construction of the second of the Winter Palace by the project of F. B. Rastrelli was completed in 1735. Continue reading