Beloselsky-Belozersky Palace became the last private Palace built in Nevsky prospect.
The owners of the Palace belonged to the oldest Russian princely family, since the sixteenth century, representatives of this family held high positions in the public service.
The construction of a new Palace on the Nevsky Prospekt was carried out by order of Prince Esper Beloselsky-Belozersky.
The building occupies a site at the intersection of Nevsky Prospekt from the Fontanka river, the modern Nevsky prospect, 41.
The construction of the Palace was carried out under the project A. Stakenschneider in the years 1846-1848, the building became a shining example of a rich aristocratic mansion of the mid-nineteenth century. Continue reading
Gothic art was born about 1440, in the Ile-de-France.
Initially, it is observed only in the construction of the most important cathedrals and Abbey churches of this area. But pretty soon the Gothic style spread throughout France and then throughout Europe. Not limited to sacred architecture, the master of Gothic actively distributed new style to the area of secular construction. Gothic is the first in the history of architectural style, which are still preserved works in all genres. Among these outstanding buildings occupy a special place are extremely diverse in stylistic terms, the cathedrals, the Abbey and the town’s Church. They are richly adorned with sculpture, stained glass and wall paintings and decoration occupy a prominent place in the works of jewelry art and sumptuously illustrated books. Along with the Gothic churches of modern audiences still continue to fascinate a variety of city buildings, castles and palaces, decorated no less elaborately than the masterpieces of religious architecture. Continue reading
Initially, Holy Trinity parish Church stood on the site of the little Park between houses 49 and 51 in Krasnoarmeyskaya street (independence square).
The Church of the Holy Trinity was placed in the area of New Building on the initiative of Metropolitan Filaret (Amfiteatrov) about the ordering of the parishes of old Kiev. It replaced the Trinity Church in the Upper town, intended for demolition according to the project of the new organization of the space between the Hagia Sophia and the St. Michael monastery. Project wooden on a brick Foundation of the temple was made in 1852 diocesan architect Paul Sparro, but in the capital’s Main Department of communications and public works has made adjustments in view of the facades. The construction of the Church started in 1856, the Church was consecrated on 12 October 1859 On the stories of Nikolay Leskov, her priest at that time was one of Kyiv “Antiques” He Euthymius, who, according to rumor, was buried in a makeshift crypt under the Church of his beloved wife. Continue reading