Trinity-Elias monastery – one of the great monastic complexes of Ukraine (sorry for banal beginning). It could be called the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra (LCP) in miniature (or Chernihiv-Pechersk Lavra), because it is largely similar to the largest monastery in Ukraine. First of all, here a cave in which he prayed Saint Anthony of Pechersk. The monk from Liubech is considered the founder of the Troitsko-illinsky monastery (Kiev-Pechersk). The monastery has a top and bottom (again, as in Kiev), located on the hills. To the development of the monastery has made great efforts ancient Russian princes and Cossack. A lot of money allocated for the monastery Hetman Ivan Mazepa. And the belfry is no less beautiful than the Great Lavra (although, of course will be lower). All very similar, although of smaller dimensions. The only thing that is not inferior to the LCP in size – this is the main Cathedral of the monastery – the masterpiece of architect Johann Baptist Sauer. Continue reading
That represents the people, is evident by the fact that he buys and consumes what he has always found money and that they never have enough. The steel door to put in an apartment or bars on the Windows — always ready, a bench in the yard to make a flower garden or to break up — then forgive; to football or to go to a concert of the visiting stars — please, play by Chekhov — is more complicated.
What to complain? This idea, taken, by the way, the German philosopher Karl Jaspers, can be extended to the entire state: one has only look at the budget to see, and then, dear readers, you all will understand. What can a person or country forces, money and energy to spend then they are in essence. This rule is applicable for entire historical epochs.
For example, the middle Ages. What words only no call: dark and gloomy, and cruel, and ignorant… All true, but each city certainly the Gothic Cathedral was built, so that all residents and could accommodate, and the modern tourists at the sight of such a miracle is still breathtaking. And they were built not from the abundance of goods and not from someone’s generosity, after all, not eaten every day to the full, and to read and write hardly knew how, but without the Temple his life is not thought. Continue reading
The winter Palace was built for Empress Elisabeth on the project of Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli in 1754-1762 years and until 1917 it remained the main Imperial residence. This fourth stone the Winter Palace.
In the first third of the eighteenth century Peter the great on the Palace embankment, in the place where today is the Hermitage theatre was built the Winter Palace. He did not survive, but in the end of XX century during the reconstruction of the Hermitage theatre was reconstructed some interiors of the Winter Palace of Peter I is a Museum.
During the reign of the Empress Anna Ioannovna there was a need of construction of a new Imperial winter residence. The site was chosen on the Palace embankment, so that the main facade of the Palace faces the Admiralty. The construction of the second of the Winter Palace by the project of F. B. Rastrelli was completed in 1735. Continue reading
Rococo, architecture rokokosaal (Rococo) style in art and architecture that originated in France during the Regency (1715-1723) and reached its climax during the reign of Louis XV, moved to other countries of Europe and dominated it until the 1780s.
The Rococo style of architecture was a continuation of the Baroque or, more precisely, its modification, corresponding to the Cutesy, frilly time.
He made the architecture of any new structural elements, but had used the old, not constraining themselves when consumed by any tradition and having in mind, principally, the achievement of decorative showiness. Distinguished by gracefulness, ease, intimate and flirtatious character.
Replacing heavy Baroque, Rococo was both a logical result of its development, and its artistic antipode. Baroque Rococo combines the aspiration to perfection of forms, however, if Baroque tends to the monumental solemnity, Rococo prefer grace and ease. Continue reading
Beloselsky-Belozersky Palace became the last private Palace built in Nevsky prospect.
The owners of the Palace belonged to the oldest Russian princely family, since the sixteenth century, representatives of this family held high positions in the public service.
The construction of a new Palace on the Nevsky Prospekt was carried out by order of Prince Esper Beloselsky-Belozersky.
The building occupies a site at the intersection of Nevsky Prospekt from the Fontanka river, the modern Nevsky prospect, 41.
The construction of the Palace was carried out under the project A. Stakenschneider in the years 1846-1848, the building became a shining example of a rich aristocratic mansion of the mid-nineteenth century. Continue reading