Svirzh of Zamakshari to see in the archival documents of 1530, when it belonged to the noble family of SvirZ. But the modern form it has acquired from the mid-seventeenth century, since the transition in the property of count A. Zetner (name given to a whole district — Cetnarski and Botanical garden in Lviv). Earl ordered to rebuild and significantly strengthen the castle.
There are suggestions that the idea of Cetera to strengthen the Svirzh castle was made famous fortifier, General of artillery Paul Rozycki. Work on reconstruction of the castle was carried out around the same time, when General Rozycki built in Lviv just two Arsenal — Royal and Senyavsky.
Despite its favorable defensive location (the castle is located on mount Belz and was surrounded by impassable marshes, ponds, at the foot of the walls — moats and a drawbridge), Continue reading
Our planet is full of different mysterious places. Now we will remove only a small portion of these unusual and strange places of the Earth.
ABHAYAGIRI (Sanskrit) – mountain of Fearlessness in Ceylon, on which is an ancient Vihara (monastery), where in the middle ages lived many of the Buddhist monks of the heretical school Abhayagiri Basinah (School Hidden in the forest). And mountain school, which was situated there, is the most mystical and mysterious in Ceylon.
The fate has a strange way of missing people (and in the year 400 BC there were about 5 thousand) we only know that they left the island and settled on the other side of the Himalayas, possibly in the area of Shambhala. However, still traces of their settlements or the descendants of these people are not found.
PRODIGAL PLACE – an old name for abnormal where there is the most incredible incident in the first place — complete loss of spatial orientation. The size of these anomalies varies from 100–200 m up to 1–5 km are rarely outdoors of townspeople wandering, for example, in a forest — this is natural: there are no reference points, Continue reading
Beloselsky-Belozersky Palace became the last private Palace built in Nevsky prospect.
The owners of the Palace belonged to the oldest Russian princely family, since the sixteenth century, representatives of this family held high positions in the public service.
The construction of a new Palace on the Nevsky Prospekt was carried out by order of Prince Esper Beloselsky-Belozersky.
The building occupies a site at the intersection of Nevsky Prospekt from the Fontanka river, the modern Nevsky prospect, 41.
The construction of the Palace was carried out under the project A. Stakenschneider in the years 1846-1848, the building became a shining example of a rich aristocratic mansion of the mid-nineteenth century. Continue reading