The Church is located at the District at the entrance to the Zhulyanskyi bridge. Judging by its scale, the Church explicitly seeks to increase the number of believers, but the Mormons have not been taken service of mass, as Christians, writes Newspaper in Kiev. On its site they built a hotel on the 64 places in which you plan to place the guests from Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Turkey.
The main volume of the temple is striking in scale to three five-meter floor. Spire height is 42 meters. For comparison, the dome of the Cathedral of St. Michael below three meters. Built their Church on the Mormons for three years by modern technology. Outside the building is faced with granite a light color, which glistens in the sun. Stained glass with the image of spikelets was designed by Jurgen Zircon – a native of salt lake city capital of Utah and the “capital” of all Mormons.
Before entering the temple, Church members wear Shoe covers on your feet – “there is clean carpet”. The interior of the Church – a cross between a five-star hotel and a Museum, writes the edition. Everywhere marble floors, high vaults, instead of icons with the picture of Jesus in gilt frames, in the ceiling of each room is mounted lattice of air conditioners. Continue reading
The winter Palace was built for Empress Elisabeth on the project of Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli in 1754-1762 years and until 1917 it remained the main Imperial residence. This fourth stone the Winter Palace.
In the first third of the eighteenth century Peter the great on the Palace embankment, in the place where today is the Hermitage theatre was built the Winter Palace. He did not survive, but in the end of XX century during the reconstruction of the Hermitage theatre was reconstructed some interiors of the Winter Palace of Peter I is a Museum.
During the reign of the Empress Anna Ioannovna there was a need of construction of a new Imperial winter residence. The site was chosen on the Palace embankment, so that the main facade of the Palace faces the Admiralty. The construction of the second of the Winter Palace by the project of F. B. Rastrelli was completed in 1735. Continue reading
Beloselsky-Belozersky Palace became the last private Palace built in Nevsky prospect.
The owners of the Palace belonged to the oldest Russian princely family, since the sixteenth century, representatives of this family held high positions in the public service.
The construction of a new Palace on the Nevsky Prospekt was carried out by order of Prince Esper Beloselsky-Belozersky.
The building occupies a site at the intersection of Nevsky Prospekt from the Fontanka river, the modern Nevsky prospect, 41.
The construction of the Palace was carried out under the project A. Stakenschneider in the years 1846-1848, the building became a shining example of a rich aristocratic mansion of the mid-nineteenth century. Continue reading