The Church is located at the District at the entrance to the Zhulyanskyi bridge. Judging by its scale, the Church explicitly seeks to increase the number of believers, but the Mormons have not been taken service of mass, as Christians, writes Newspaper in Kiev. On its site they built a hotel on the 64 places in which you plan to place the guests from Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Turkey.
The main volume of the temple is striking in scale to three five-meter floor. Spire height is 42 meters. For comparison, the dome of the Cathedral of St. Michael below three meters. Built their Church on the Mormons for three years by modern technology. Outside the building is faced with granite a light color, which glistens in the sun. Stained glass with the image of spikelets was designed by Jurgen Zircon – a native of salt lake city capital of Utah and the “capital” of all Mormons.
Before entering the temple, Church members wear Shoe covers on your feet – “there is clean carpet”. The interior of the Church – a cross between a five-star hotel and a Museum, writes the edition. Everywhere marble floors, high vaults, instead of icons with the picture of Jesus in gilt frames, in the ceiling of each room is mounted lattice of air conditioners. Continue reading
Trinity-Elias monastery – one of the great monastic complexes of Ukraine (sorry for banal beginning). It could be called the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra (LCP) in miniature (or Chernihiv-Pechersk Lavra), because it is largely similar to the largest monastery in Ukraine. First of all, here a cave in which he prayed Saint Anthony of Pechersk. The monk from Liubech is considered the founder of the Troitsko-illinsky monastery (Kiev-Pechersk). The monastery has a top and bottom (again, as in Kiev), located on the hills. To the development of the monastery has made great efforts ancient Russian princes and Cossack. A lot of money allocated for the monastery Hetman Ivan Mazepa. And the belfry is no less beautiful than the Great Lavra (although, of course will be lower). All very similar, although of smaller dimensions. The only thing that is not inferior to the LCP in size – this is the main Cathedral of the monastery – the masterpiece of architect Johann Baptist Sauer. Continue reading
The winter Palace was built for Empress Elisabeth on the project of Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli in 1754-1762 years and until 1917 it remained the main Imperial residence. This fourth stone the Winter Palace.
In the first third of the eighteenth century Peter the great on the Palace embankment, in the place where today is the Hermitage theatre was built the Winter Palace. He did not survive, but in the end of XX century during the reconstruction of the Hermitage theatre was reconstructed some interiors of the Winter Palace of Peter I is a Museum.
During the reign of the Empress Anna Ioannovna there was a need of construction of a new Imperial winter residence. The site was chosen on the Palace embankment, so that the main facade of the Palace faces the Admiralty. The construction of the second of the Winter Palace by the project of F. B. Rastrelli was completed in 1735. Continue reading