The Church is located at the District at the entrance to the Zhulyanskyi bridge. Judging by its scale, the Church explicitly seeks to increase the number of believers, but the Mormons have not been taken service of mass, as Christians, writes Newspaper in Kiev. On its site they built a hotel on the 64 places in which you plan to place the guests from Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Turkey.
The main volume of the temple is striking in scale to three five-meter floor. Spire height is 42 meters. For comparison, the dome of the Cathedral of St. Michael below three meters. Built their Church on the Mormons for three years by modern technology. Outside the building is faced with granite a light color, which glistens in the sun. Stained glass with the image of spikelets was designed by Jurgen Zircon – a native of salt lake city capital of Utah and the “capital” of all Mormons.
Before entering the temple, Church members wear Shoe covers on your feet – “there is clean carpet”. The interior of the Church – a cross between a five-star hotel and a Museum, writes the edition. Everywhere marble floors, high vaults, instead of icons with the picture of Jesus in gilt frames, in the ceiling of each room is mounted lattice of air conditioners. Continue reading
Gothic art was born about 1440, in the Ile-de-France.
Initially, it is observed only in the construction of the most important cathedrals and Abbey churches of this area. But pretty soon the Gothic style spread throughout France and then throughout Europe. Not limited to sacred architecture, the master of Gothic actively distributed new style to the area of secular construction. Gothic is the first in the history of architectural style, which are still preserved works in all genres. Among these outstanding buildings occupy a special place are extremely diverse in stylistic terms, the cathedrals, the Abbey and the town’s Church. They are richly adorned with sculpture, stained glass and wall paintings and decoration occupy a prominent place in the works of jewelry art and sumptuously illustrated books. Along with the Gothic churches of modern audiences still continue to fascinate a variety of city buildings, castles and palaces, decorated no less elaborately than the masterpieces of religious architecture. Continue reading
Initially, Holy Trinity parish Church stood on the site of the little Park between houses 49 and 51 in Krasnoarmeyskaya street (independence square).
The Church of the Holy Trinity was placed in the area of New Building on the initiative of Metropolitan Filaret (Amfiteatrov) about the ordering of the parishes of old Kiev. It replaced the Trinity Church in the Upper town, intended for demolition according to the project of the new organization of the space between the Hagia Sophia and the St. Michael monastery. Project wooden on a brick Foundation of the temple was made in 1852 diocesan architect Paul Sparro, but in the capital’s Main Department of communications and public works has made adjustments in view of the facades. The construction of the Church started in 1856, the Church was consecrated on 12 October 1859 On the stories of Nikolay Leskov, her priest at that time was one of Kyiv “Antiques” He Euthymius, who, according to rumor, was buried in a makeshift crypt under the Church of his beloved wife. Continue reading