Svirzh of Zamakshari to see in the archival documents of 1530, when it belonged to the noble family of SvirZ. But the modern form it has acquired from the mid-seventeenth century, since the transition in the property of count A. Zetner (name given to a whole district — Cetnarski and Botanical garden in Lviv). Earl ordered to rebuild and significantly strengthen the castle.
There are suggestions that the idea of Cetera to strengthen the Svirzh castle was made famous fortifier, General of artillery Paul Rozycki. Work on reconstruction of the castle was carried out around the same time, when General Rozycki built in Lviv just two Arsenal — Royal and Senyavsky.
Despite its favorable defensive location (the castle is located on mount Belz and was surrounded by impassable marshes, ponds, at the foot of the walls — moats and a drawbridge), Continue reading
Trinity-Elias monastery – one of the great monastic complexes of Ukraine (sorry for banal beginning). It could be called the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra (LCP) in miniature (or Chernihiv-Pechersk Lavra), because it is largely similar to the largest monastery in Ukraine. First of all, here a cave in which he prayed Saint Anthony of Pechersk. The monk from Liubech is considered the founder of the Troitsko-illinsky monastery (Kiev-Pechersk). The monastery has a top and bottom (again, as in Kiev), located on the hills. To the development of the monastery has made great efforts ancient Russian princes and Cossack. A lot of money allocated for the monastery Hetman Ivan Mazepa. And the belfry is no less beautiful than the Great Lavra (although, of course will be lower). All very similar, although of smaller dimensions. The only thing that is not inferior to the LCP in size – this is the main Cathedral of the monastery – the masterpiece of architect Johann Baptist Sauer. Continue reading
The winter Palace was built for Empress Elisabeth on the project of Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli in 1754-1762 years and until 1917 it remained the main Imperial residence. This fourth stone the Winter Palace.
In the first third of the eighteenth century Peter the great on the Palace embankment, in the place where today is the Hermitage theatre was built the Winter Palace. He did not survive, but in the end of XX century during the reconstruction of the Hermitage theatre was reconstructed some interiors of the Winter Palace of Peter I is a Museum.
During the reign of the Empress Anna Ioannovna there was a need of construction of a new Imperial winter residence. The site was chosen on the Palace embankment, so that the main facade of the Palace faces the Admiralty. The construction of the second of the Winter Palace by the project of F. B. Rastrelli was completed in 1735. Continue reading