Churches all over the world have a remarkable architectural variety.
The architecture of temples has a very rich and controversial history, which, however, shows that with the construction of temples and spread all the architectural innovation, new styles and trends around the world. To this day preserved majestic places of worship of the great civilizations of the ancient world. But there are also many modern examples of amazing architecture of religious buildings.
Lutheran Church in Reykjavik, is the fourth tallest building in Iceland. The design of the Church was designed in 1937 by architect Hudiono Samuelson. For the construction of the Church took 38 years. The Church is in the center of Reykjavík, and is visible from any part of the city. She became one of the main attractions of the city, and is also used as an observation tower. Continue reading
Our planet is full of different mysterious places. Now we will remove only a small portion of these unusual and strange places of the Earth.
ABHAYAGIRI (Sanskrit) – mountain of Fearlessness in Ceylon, on which is an ancient Vihara (monastery), where in the middle ages lived many of the Buddhist monks of the heretical school Abhayagiri Basinah (School Hidden in the forest). And mountain school, which was situated there, is the most mystical and mysterious in Ceylon.
The fate has a strange way of missing people (and in the year 400 BC there were about 5 thousand) we only know that they left the island and settled on the other side of the Himalayas, possibly in the area of Shambhala. However, still traces of their settlements or the descendants of these people are not found.
PRODIGAL PLACE – an old name for abnormal where there is the most incredible incident in the first place — complete loss of spatial orientation. The size of these anomalies varies from 100–200 m up to 1–5 km are rarely outdoors of townspeople wandering, for example, in a forest — this is natural: there are no reference points, Continue reading
Initially, Holy Trinity parish Church stood on the site of the little Park between houses 49 and 51 in Krasnoarmeyskaya street (independence square).
The Church of the Holy Trinity was placed in the area of New Building on the initiative of Metropolitan Filaret (Amfiteatrov) about the ordering of the parishes of old Kiev. It replaced the Trinity Church in the Upper town, intended for demolition according to the project of the new organization of the space between the Hagia Sophia and the St. Michael monastery. Project wooden on a brick Foundation of the temple was made in 1852 diocesan architect Paul Sparro, but in the capital’s Main Department of communications and public works has made adjustments in view of the facades. The construction of the Church started in 1856, the Church was consecrated on 12 October 1859 On the stories of Nikolay Leskov, her priest at that time was one of Kyiv “Antiques” He Euthymius, who, according to rumor, was buried in a makeshift crypt under the Church of his beloved wife. Continue reading